Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Dreaming and Filming

Don't people say that when you think or care about something a lot, you begin to dream about it? If this logic follows through (it probably does), then I must reaaaaallly care about this project (I do) because I had an intense dream last night. I was driving in my father's little, white Honda Civic when all of a sudden (not really because it's my dream so I knew it was going to happen) a car veered out of control in front of me. I swerved the car and was able to pass that obstacle. I (for some reason) immediately forget about all of this, and just continued to drive, happily. Then, some cars began to race each other and cut me off. At this point, I was really scared (and quite pissed at the idiot drivers in my dream) so I honked. It was as though my honk created this instant crash between the two cars and perpetuated the (INTENSE) accident. The rest of my dream consisted of me avoiding cars and dealing with the physical and emotional consequences of "seeing" and "being" in a crash. 
I don't think I will be able to drive or be in a car anymore without thinking about my dream, so I think I am going to be riding my bicycle for a while. 

Anyways! We filmed the office shots today. Felipe's father works in an office, so we were able to film there instead of at the nurse's office at school. We had to move some chairs and rearrange the placement of the small stand with the plant in order to not have other people in the shot, and so that the whiteness and simplicity of the background juxtaposes the scenes from the forest and the accident (some of the other walls in the office were neon orange). We were able to get shots of the bright lights (this is why the camera is pointing towards the ceiling in the picture) in order to incorporate the POV blinking eye technique as our opening shot. Many of the shots in the office are simple, plain, and clear. Again, this juxtaposes the two locations and heightens the mystery and drama by showing the intensity of his state-of-mind. 

I am pleased with the shots that we have thus far and am confident, now more than ever, that we will produce a quality introduction! 

NEXT STEP: EDITING!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment