Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Mystery? Mystery.

This project was only assigned to us two days ago, yet I can't seem to stop thinking about it! It has been lingering in the back of my mind throughout the day, as I am sitting in Economics class trying my best to concentrate on supply and demand, and not brainstorm new ideas (I did). I can tell that this is going to be a consistent thing throughout the next month. 

Anyways, my group and I have been trying to select a genre that is going to let us experiment, yet challenge us at the same time. So, we picked mystery (ohhh, ahhh)! This genre embodies the aspects of film that I have not even thought about doing and is not a genre that I feel confident working within. I have been a bit worried about this because there is so much I don't know about the mystery and thriller genre. However, I realized that the point of this project is to experiment new things and ultimately learn and grow as a film student! I am excited (and only a little scared) of getting out of my comfort zone! 


So, I have begun researching, but I still have plenty to gather. However, I found a great list of mystery films that have led my group and I in the right direction as we continue to research directors, media conventions utilized in mystery films, and plots. From the list, one of my personal favorites is The Prestige and I definitely recommend it!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment