Saturday, March 12, 2016

My School Is Cool

Over the past summer, my school remodeled the Media Center to be more modern and high-tech. The Wave (aka media center) now has more resources and technology available to all students. However, I (and pretty much everyone) didn't know how to use them....until yesterday. In groups, we sat at different tables that each had a large screen against the wall with cables underneath. Basically, it works so that it projects what you have on your laptop on the screen. This functioned really well for what we were doing because it allowed for a great display and facilitated the process of showing ideas, research, and doubts. Thanks CBHS, I appreciate it!

The point of working in groups was for the exchange of ideas and information. My peers helped me in figuring out the direction that my partners and I could take in the genre and informed me about similar genres. We spoke about how psychological disorders are represented and established within these genres and how they are used to convey meaning (A Beautiful Mind is a great example!). I realized that I would like to work with small children (it is an interesting and different perspective at that height) and typically misinterpreted psychological disorders. Also, some of my group members suggested using point of view shots, which I totally agree with. Others in my group also gained helpful advice and inspiration to continue brainstorming and thinking of creative ideas!

Something that I like to remind myself with this project is that I can challenge some cliches that don't work to establish the representation or meaning in the film, while utilizing some in order to demonstrate an understanding of the conventions. This is great because the project encourages understanding and research, but pressures the expression of creativity and uniqueness. 

I will be back soon with more details about plot and characters! 



No comments:

Post a Comment